The Journey of the Daring Condor

The Race for the Sun Stone

<monkoflords> The crew had managed to return to the ship in the early morning. They didn't know much, beyond the fact the just slew a demon searching for the bearer of Anhelus...and that his affliction of fire was caused by him. &lt;monkoflords> The locales appear appreciative, but still wary.
<monkoflords> They are happy to see you on your way. &lt;monkoflords> The captain greets you all, so you’ve slain a demon, well done
<sirena> “You know the more I travel the more people I run across that don’t like outsiders” she nods at the Captain “For a demon he or it was kinda sad.”
<yaax> “But it was not really that informative.” scratches his nose with a claw.
<monkoflords> "Well, most demons aren't." &lt;yaax> "I'll take your word for it Captain." frowns. "So where to now?" &lt;monkoflords> “But, from our friends vision, we know the tower…or what’s left of it, is to the south.”
<@monkoflords> “Beyond that, we may have to just trust our impressive instincts.” He strikes a pose.

  • Sirena claps at the Captain
    <yaax> Grins at the captain and shakes his head. “well then just give the word Captain!”
    <@monkoflords> “To the south friends!” He laughs, “To brighter waters!”
    <yaax> “thank the gods for that!” takes his place at the wheel.
    <sirena> “Excellent!”
  • Onarius nods “To adventure!”
    <monkoflords> The ship turns south, and begins its voyage. The crew managed to grab some fish, so their provisions were stable &lt;monkoflords> The tropical air was humid, the cool sea air prevented any unpleasantness.
    <monkoflords> As you proceeded further south into Manua territory, the sailors grew somewhat wary, hoping the main tribal armies of Manuans wouldn't turn on them. &lt;monkoflords> The sun seems unusually bright this time of year.
    <monkoflords> At night, all is normal, but the days shines ever strong. &lt;yaax> "This is soo strange." &lt;monkoflords> As you pass by a few islands, you see a shining light on a mountaintop in the early morning.
    <sirena> “What’s so strange?”
    <onarius> “Well now, that is a new one. What do you make of that on the mountain?”
    <monkoflords> At first, it appears to be the sun rising...but then you notice the sun is directly above the mountain's peak...something on the top of it is reflecting the rock. &lt;monkoflords> And many…many boats are surrounding the island. From canoes to full ships of many kinds.
    <sirena> “Nothing good….”
    <yaax> “I learned to sail in these parts and i have never seen anything like this.”
    <monkoflords> A great congregation of what appears to be people have surrounded the island. &lt;monkoflords> Many people don’t appear local
    <monkoflords> The captain looks towards you all, "An interesting sight...some of those ships are Atlan...some are Lemurian...bizarre, I thought the Manuans disliked outsiders." &lt;sirena> "Maybe it has to do with the mountain" &lt;onarius> "I suppose either they changed their views or perhaps do not know of these others in their domain. The mountain does seem to be garnering a lot of attention." &lt;monkoflords> The captain nods.
    <monkoflords> "What say you lads?" &lt;sirena> "I say we go check it out" &lt;monkoflords> The captain smiles, “Fortune favors the bold after all.”
  • Onarius smiles and nods
    <onarius> “Yes, could be important!”
    <monkoflords> "The onwards lads! We have some adventuring to do!" &lt;monkoflords> The ship turns towards the island, and towards the shining light.
    <monkoflords> As the ship gets closer, you see a make shift dock near the shoreline. People are lining up in tents on the shore. &lt;yaax> "I've got a bad feeling about this." leans on the wheel and grins. "I do hope this will be fun." &lt;monkoflords> The ship makes dock surprisingly easily. No one stops you.
  • Sirena snickers at Yaax “Oh yes” she scratches a cheek “Well that seemed a little easy”
    <monkoflords> As you make land, many...participants see you doc. &lt;monkoflords> ^dock
    <monkoflords> A few watch you with suspicious eyes...not as though they will attack though. &lt;monkoflords> A few locals help guide your ship in.
    <@monkoflords> One says, “Welcome to the Race for the Sun friends.”
  • Sirena blink blink
    <yaax> “Huh?”
    <@monkoflords> The man paused, “Did you not know?”
  • Onarius smiles “Unfortunately not, what is the race for the sun if I may ask?”
    <monkoflords> "Ah yes, once a year on this island, the sun hits the rock upon this mountain just right, and fills it with power." &lt;monkoflords> “Those who gaze upon it either burn up and die…or get imbued with great power.”
    <@monkoflords> “Only a few may witness the stone before the power drains away, so many come to gaze upon it each year.”
    <sirena> “Interesting”
    • Silver-Away (~Silverlio@MagicStar-5C45B45D.dyn.grandenetworks.net) has joined #atlantisrpg
      <monkoflords> "Those who wish to see the stone must ascend the mountain." &lt;silver-away> (Gah, sorry I fell asleep) &lt;monkoflords> (S’cool)
    • Silver-Away is now known as Asim
      <@monkoflords> “Many will try to stop you of course, as they ascend themselves. The time is almost upon us.”
  • Asim comes staggering along with an empty cup from the victory celebration
    <sirena> “Oh this does sound like lots of fun!”
    <yaax> “I do believe this will be an excellent stop.”
    <monkoflords> The captain smiles, "Yes friends, it very much will." &lt;asim> "A race? foot race?" &lt;asim> "What rules must I obey?" &lt;monkoflords> The man nods, “Well, yes…that’s how it works.”
    <monkoflords> "Never seen anyone fly up there myself....or heard from them..." &lt;asim> "Hrms..Fly..." &lt;asim> "That would be cheating, wouldn't it?" &lt;monkoflords> “Most likely…and the other competitors probably would not be found of it.”
    <monkoflords> "Might try to shoot you down." &lt;yaax> "Oh that would be bad." &lt;asim> "I can see that..." &lt;monkoflords> “Will you be joining us then?”
    <asim> “How long until the race?”
    <asim> “I can but endeavor to try..”
    <asim> “Is this per person, or a team race?”
    <monkoflords> "The first...twenty or so... that make it will witness the stone." &lt;yaax> "Then it is a singular effort..." &lt;sirena> "Any rules against killing the competition?" &lt;monkoflords> The man shakes his head.
    <monkoflords> "You may do as you may to reach the top." &lt;sirena> "Good to know" &lt;monkoflords> “You have a bit of time, about another movement of the sun before it is ready.”
    <@monkoflords> The man walks off
    <yaax> “So, now what?”
    <asim> “Would any of you be willing to suffer the power of a spell? A great and terrible spell, to aid us?”
  • Sirena holds up her hand “Me Me Pick Me!”
    <yaax> “Might as well.”
    <asim> “And you Onarius? Are you in?”
    <asim> “This spell will make you move like the wind—but you’ll hear the keening of wind, and will be distracted by it..”
  • Asim begins singing a song that sounds almost like a wind rushing forward
  • Asim throws sparkling bits of quarts into the air..
  • Asim voice rises and rises as the howling wind grows near in song.
    <monkoflords> The wind surrounds you, and every one of you can hear Yaax's blade chuckling. The wind seems to guide your feet. &lt;yaax> "I see you find this amusing, Lovely." &lt;onarius> "This is a very interesting sensation." &lt;sirena> "You know I've seen a bunch of magic in my life but it's still impressive" she looks at Yaax "Man you are so lucky" &lt;monkoflords> The captain laughs, “It reminds me of the time I fought that dragon in the nude.”
    <sirena> “You fought a dragon in the nude!”
    <monkoflords> "Or was it a giant goose..." the captain pauses. &lt;sirena> "I've never seen a giant goose..." &lt;monkoflords> “Then you have not lived.”
  • Sirena sighs “Well I must find a giant goose then”
    <monkoflords> The suns seems to get closer...and everyone holds their breath &lt;asim> "I hope one of us can win.." &lt;asim> "I will aid you as best I can.." &lt;yaax> "I have no doubt." grins. "Is it that time?" &lt;asim> "Are you talking to us yaax or the sword?" &lt;yaax> "To you. Is the race about to start?" &lt;asim> "Yes...' &lt;asim> "Soon.." &lt;monkoflords> The sun gets a bit higher…and then the light strikes the stone, and the island lights up in a blinding light. Everyone is off immediately.
    <@monkoflords> The race is off
  • Asim runs spear in hand, but otherwise naked
  • Sirena tilts her head as Asim takes off “That’s one way to make yourself faster” she grins and takes off
    <asim> “I must feel the wind in my fur!”
    <asim> “Like when I raced gazelles at home!”
    <sirena> “Are you drunk?”
    <asim> “Heavan’s No..I’d never do magic drunk..”
    <asim> “I do have a pounding hangover though..”
    <sirena> “Good to know!”
    <monkoflords> The groups begin to rush towards the jungle covered mountain, as cheers from their mates echo towards the mountainside. &lt;monkoflords> A few screams can be heard, the groups are already attack each other
    <yaax> “Don’t mind him. He is just that way sometimes.”
    <sirena> “Oh? Well as long as he’s happy”
    <asim> “..I am not that far behind….”
  • Asim laughs
    <onarius> “This…is…fantastic! I’ve never done anything like this in all my years!”
    <monkoflords> The group speeds ahead at full throttle. They leave most of the skirmishers behind...though from what you all can tell...you are not alone. &lt;monkoflords> A few other more competent groups are keeping pace
  • Asim jags around rocks and trees
    <yaax> “Sirena! Get down!”
    <monkoflords> Just as Sirena ducks, a volley of lead flies right over her head. &lt;sirena> "Hey!" she pulls out her bow "Thanks Yaax!" &lt;monkoflords> You all now notice the group of Lemurians moving up towards your left. Including the one that tried to shoot Sirena
    <yaax> “Don’t think me yet!” Draws the Lady.
    <sirena> “Fine tell me when I can thank you”
    <asim> “Do you need help?”
  • Asim yells at Sirena
    <sirena> “Nope I’m good” she grins and lets 6 arrows loose into the group
    <@monkoflords> The arrows fly, and strike true. The apes all fall.
    <yaax> “Now you can thank me.”
    <sirena> “Oh? Thank you!”
    <asim> “Magic ahead…be ready for anything!”
    <yaax> “you are welcome.”
  • Onarius looks ahead
    <monkoflords> The chanting ceases, and a massive flock of birds rushes your group. &lt;onarius> "There is shamantic chanting ahead, perhaps someone intends to call something to meet us." &lt;monkoflords> There are birds of all kinds, and they swarm you all.
    <asim> “Form of the WIND!”
    <sirena> “Really birds!” she sighs and dives to the side, she rolls to her feet and starts forward again
    <monkoflords> The group avoids the flock! &lt;yaax> leaps behind a tree. "This race is getting on my nerves!" &lt;monkoflords> The Shaman moves forward up the mountain.
    <monkoflords> The group presses on, as they leave the jungle behind. The mountain is all that remains...beyond the others &lt;monkoflords> You stare up a sheer cliff face…and see a few groups climbing up
    <asim> “Now I wish I could fly..”
    <sirena> “Climbing is much more fun!”
    <asim> (Are there vines on the cliff/trees, since we’re in a south easternish jungle place?)
    <@monkoflords> (Yes)
  • Asim swings from trees to the cliff and swings back and forth getting higher and jumping madly to new vines.
  • Onarius fumbles around with the cliff face clumsily
  • Sirena snorts at Asim as she climbs straight up, she glances own at Onarius “You need some help down there?”
    <asim> “Tie yourself to a vine..once we’re up, will haul you!”
  • Onarius nods
    <onarius> “Will do, afraid this I am not to good at myself.”
    <asim> “Embrace your inner ape!”
    <monkoflords> The group starts ascending the wall. &lt;monkoflords> Once they make it half way, you begin to hear screams from the top.
  • Asim heaves Onarius as best he can..
    <asim> "I wonder what awaits us…
    <monkoflords> A smoldering skeleton drops from the cliffs above you. &lt;monkoflords> Yelling and confusion can be heard above
  • Onarius scrambles at the wall trying to help “That does not sound to welcoming.”
    <monkoflords> What was once a bright light, is now a single blinding beam, that rotates around and around. &lt;monkoflords> Something, has happened to the Sun Stone apparently.
    <asim> “That does not sound good…try and not get hit by the beam..”
    <monkoflords> The group continue their climb, and peer over the edge of the peak. &lt;monkoflords> It isn’t easy to tell, but from what you can see…there was a fight up hear near the stone, and someone struck it, causing the light from the stone to flow differently through it.
    <monkoflords> Now it is a focused beam, transferring all of its power at once to anyone who gazes on it. Much more powerful than it's original version. &lt;monkoflords> Some have tried to behold the light and failed.
    <asim> “I’m going to get closer..”
    <sirena> “good luck…”
  • Asim gets a close as possible and whispers a name aloud “Anhur?”
    <yaax> “Well this looks less than promising.”
  • Asim glows
  • Asim burns with light pouring into and out of him like a small radiant star…
    <@monkoflords> The light still glows.
    <onarius> “Well, no screaming. That’s a good sign, right?”
    <sirena> “Well…” she climbs over the edge
  • Onarius continues on
  • Asim is unable to move as assassins appear yelling his name.
    <yaax> “I’ll just hold back here and cover you.”
  • Onarius winces and turns away “Ahh, too much…”
    <@monkoflords> The assassins move to fell the downed magister, as the light fades away…
View
The Isle of Manguak

@MonkofLords: The group had returned to the port from the capital of Khitai, the blessing of Kun Lun with them. They knew two of the locations. One with the Kurgan Tribes of Sycthia to the East, and one somewhere amongst the island nations of the Elysium Sea.
As they returned to the boat, the trio noticed that the boat appeared more…crowded than before. There were many people on the ship that just weren’t there before.
The captain appears to be talking to a one eyed Balam woman, discussing something. The captain greets the group with a smile as they return.
“Good evening friends! I hope you don’t mind, we’ve been up a little understaffed I feel, so I tried hiring around and found this group here! Ex slaves I believe…?”
Sirena: grins at the group as they walk up "That would be right! she nods to the Captain
Asim: “Your ship, Captain…”
“We’re along for the wild ride..”
@MonkofLords: He nods with a serious expression, “Yes, she is a bit testy at times though. And we have to keep her from going indoors.”
He appears to be referring to the ship
Asim: “We do have a few places we’d like go…because it is tied to those swords we spoke of..”
Sirena: “Oh? Excellent the wilder the better” she tilts her head “sword?”
Yaax: Looks Sirena over and nods. “Oh, I like the Captain’s choice in new Crew members.”
@MonkofLords: “Magic swords.” The Captain states, “We have…one…I think…where are we headed next?”
Asim: “It is a long tale…perhaps after we get going and your duties permit..”
“Which is closes, Elysium Isles or the Lands of the Kirgan?”
Onarius: looks at Sirena smiling “Fantastic, just joined my self not long ago and it has been very exciting let me tell you!”
Sirena: “I know how to pick them” she grins at Onarius then turns to Yaax “Wow…you’re tall…and blue” blink “Neat!”
Yaax: “I am very tall and very blue.” he agrees.
@MonkofLords: “Well, the Elysium Ocean is just south of here…a bit to the west. We’d have to round the coast of Jambu to return to Sycthia.”
Sirena: “heh”
Yaax: “Can I vote for Elysium? I can at least speak that language.”
Asim: “Lets us go to the ocean then, and save Scythia until we search there a bit..”
@MonkofLords: The captain smiles, “Well then, it’s been a while…but let’s shove off then. We are in for a long journey friends!”
Yaax: “Oh yes!” Grins then vanishes up the gangplank.
@MonkofLords: “Manuak of the Manuan nation is the closest island to here…they are a more…confrontational people. But that’s half the fun!”
Sirena: “So Cap what do you want me to handle while on this trip?”
@MonkofLords: He pauses, “You shall attend to the away teams in nature and trail blaze for us. Also, once we have a hive, you shall attend to the beekeeping.”
He walks off.
Asim: “Bee keeping?”
“..I never know if he’s serious or not..”
Sirena: “I’m not a fan of bees….but hell why not!”
Onarius: shrugs “He told me I was to learn to dance, not that I would object just seemed an odd request.”
@MonkofLords: The crew sets off on their voyage…and it is quite long, there is a great stretch of sea between Jambu and the Elysium Sea.
There are many days and nights of nothing but ocean in all directions. Any sane man would not make the journey. Which is fortunate that you have the captain.
Asim: “He sees in ways we do not…I’m not always sure if that’s madness..”
@MonkofLords: There are many horrors that can live in the seas, which is why most men stay as close to the coast as they can. Even the Triton people do not fare well in certain portions of the ocean, as they can attest of the creatures of the deep.
Sirena: “To each there own. One man’s crazy is another man’s…well crazy!”
@MonkofLords: One of the sailors even claims to have seen a massive fin attached to a serpentine body disappear under the waves one night. He has not left the bowels of the ship since then.
The captain made no comment on that sighting.
Yaax: Sings happily at the wheel. “How soft the breeze through the island trees, Now the ice is far astern. Them native maids, them tropical glades Is awaiting our return. Even now, their big brown eyes look out, Hoping some fine day to seeOur baggy sails running ’fore the gales, Rolling down to…” pauses to watch someone on the deck below.
Onarius: nods “Tis not my place to comment on others sanity, just to hope that the do well with what they have.”
Asim: “..Keep a sharp watch, but don’t let fear rule you..we’ve more than enough arms and men, to make anything that tries to snack on us, at least think twice..”
@MonkofLords: Finally, right when the ocean seemed endless, land appeared over the horizon. The man in the crow’s nest yelled out, “Managuak! Over the horizon!”
The crew cheers.
Yaax: “About damned time.”
@MonkofLords: The air is warm and humid, and as the island comes into view, it appears to be quite tropical.
There appears to be a settlement, but not a port. The captain mentions that this is an outlier within Manua.
Given there is no port, they will have to raft to shore.
Asim: “Is there an island we should start with?”
@MonkofLords: The captain shrugs, “From what you’ve told me, the guy we are looking for is in solitude on some small island somewhere. I have no idea where that may be.”
Sirena: leans on a mast looking at the island “Man that was a boring trip”
Asim: "I’m sure the natives may know…
@MonkofLords: “Yes, asking around may be a good place to start, that or the Tritons that live beneath the waves, but I have no way of contacting them.”
Yaax: “then we should go find some Natives. Beat them senseless and then makes them tell us where to look.”
Sirena: “I agree with him”
Asim: “Speaking with them might work better.”
Sirena: “But that’s so boring!”
Yaax: “Not if they are as confrontational as we have been told.”
@MonkofLords: “The choice is yours friend.”
Asim: “While we come near I must speak to the wind..”
“Oh little daughter of the queen, dancing across our stern, hear my whispers words, and do as I am seeking…here is smoke in offering, a flavor of oak and ash..from far away where cousins blow cold and the sun does not as long last…”
Asim: burns some smoking wood and wafts it into the air while chanting that for 10 minutes and walking in a circle
Asim: “Oh little daughter…heed me as I speak, find the object whose name we know…across the silent sea..”
Onarius: watches Asim and looks to Yaax slightly crestfallen
Onarius: “No confrontational natives?”
Asim: “I have a possible location…”
“We’ve been at sea to long to not rest and visit the land first…”
Sirena: “Was that the answer you got? or is that a suggestion?”
Yaax: “not sure it is going to be as fun as the last stop.” he mutters and scratches the end of his nose with a claw.
Asim: “….There are DEMONS here!”
“On the island..friendly or not..we must fight them…”
Sirena: “Really!?”
Asim: "I sense the same heat, somewhere, here, like that of the one place Yaax has heard me speak of a million times..
Yaax: “Oh. Fun.”
Asim: “Its moving swiftly on the island…it may be looking for the blade…we must stop it….”
@MonkofLords: The captain nods, “A demon…would be dangerous.”
Onarius: “Demon, this journey gets more and more interesting…so how does one pray tell deal with demons?”
Asim: “Demon, or servant of him…”
“Who seeks a way into the world..”
“Either way, we need our best arms and magics ready..”
@MonkofLords: “Shall I have the men prepare the raft?”
Sirena: head tilts forward as she dozes waiting for people to decide what to do
Asim: “Yes…even if I must go alone..”
@MonkofLords: The captain nods, “I wish thee luck. I’ll send a few sailors to gather supplies…and get your rods out men! It’s time to fish!”
The sailors begin preparing two rafts to reach the isle of Manguak
Sirena: head snaps up “Alone? Why would you be going alone? I demand to go with you friend”
Onarius: nods and smiles “Indeed, why on earth would we let you go this alone. Besides, who knows what we could find there!”
Asim: “You can go..but I wasn’t wanting to risk your lives…”
@MonkofLords: The rafts are ready to move to the island when the groups are.
Sirena: snorts “Life is no fun without risking your life ever so often”
Yaax: Gets his gear ready and gets on a raft.
Asim: “All life is risk, every breath we take dangerous, we just forget this..”
Sirena: “I never forget that” she grins as she grabs her things. She follows Yaax onto the raft
@MonkofLords: The trek on the raft was quick. The water was crystal clear, and numerous species of fish can be seen in the water.
Asim: keeps his ghostly eyes shoreward towards the demon, or spirit, or whatever burns…
@MonkofLords: Numerous outrigger canoes can be seen in the nearby village. You see some movement, around the village, but you do notice some defensive walls around it, and they look…hastily built.
As you close in, you notice the people. Dark skinned, with little, but vibrant clothing. Most of the people are tatooed, and appear to have wooden weaponry, such as clubs and shark toothed blades.
Onarius: “Think it is our arrival or something else?”
@MonkofLords: You notice men with tattooed faces, and weapons are at the shore waiting for your arrival.
Yaax: “they look friendly.”
Asim: casts his eyes about…
Sirena: “Very!”
@MonkofLords: There is a man with a tall headdress standing amongst them. He is not readily holding his weapon, but he is a massive man, standing two heads above all his brethren.
He is glaring in your general direction.
As you close in, you speaks in Elysian, “Turn back foreigners, you are not welcome in Manuan lands.”
Asim: “Yaax? What did he say?”
Yaax: “He said go home. What do you want me to say to him in return?”
Asim: “We sense something terrible, hunting your lands, a demon…we must stop it?”
“Or something like that…”
“Are you thinking on it?”
Yaax: In Elysian “Something dark is haunting your lands and we have come to stop it.”
@MonkofLords: The man nods, “Yes, though currently this…thing is quite bright. What reason would you have to stop such a creature? What business is this to you?”
Asim: “I fought at the Black Tower, to keep its father ch.a
chained. away from the world..and it seeks tools to harm all men.”
Yaax: “He seems to be fond of it, Asim.”
Asim: “Fond of the creature?”
@MonkofLords: The man glares. You do notice some of the men of his are…burned badly. There are scorch and claw marks on their encampment walls.
As though something was trying to break in.
Asim: “We will go fight, if you let us…”
@MonkofLords: The man paused. He didn’t fully understand the language, but the meaning came to him, he turned, his orange cloak flowing in the tropical breeze, “If you wish to throw your lives away to the burning man, so be it, perhaps it will give my people at least one night of rest.”
Sirena: “He said we could go right?”
@MonkofLords: The warriors follow him warily.
Yaax: “that was a ‘It is your funeral’ moment. We don;t really have his blessing but he won’t stop us.”
Sirena: “Works for me!”
@MonkofLords: The group is allowed to land.
Asim: “Before we get to near..let me know if you see it..I can grant our front line fighters a bit of protection..”
Onarius: “Close enough I suppose.”
Yaax: “Fine.”
Sirena: “Can do” she tilts her head “Umm what does it look like?”
Asim: "Don’t know, but they said it was a burning man..’
Yaax: “He called it the burning man.”
Sirena: “Well hopefully he wasn’t just being colorful”
Asim: “We need to head towards the mountain..”
Yaax: “yes yes. Let’s go! Fame and glory await!”
Sirena: “Oh I joined the right crew!”
@MonkofLords: The jungle before is thick, and dense. You do see a few torched trees, with…ten fingered hands that appear to have gripped the trees.
There is a torched path…leading into the jungle.
Onarius: “Fantastic! I can’t wait to see this demon!”
Asim: “Watch carefully now…the thingis dangerous”
Sirena: “Is it? Well so am I so it’s all good” she smirks as they follow the path
@MonkofLords: The jungle was dense above them. Various lizards, insects, and colorful birds could be seen, except along the torched paths. They seemed to avoid it. As you move closer to the mountain, you hear a loud, painful noise.
It becomes clearer the closer you get, and night is beginning to fall. It is a scream, and long, painful, and unnatural scream.
Yaax: “Oh that sounds promising.”
Asim: “Twisted mockery of life..”
@MonkofLords: It never seems to cease, only fading in and out.
Then you begin to feel heat. And the night sky is slowly lit up by an incoming flame…
Yaax: “Great.”
Asim: “At least we can see to fightin the dark..”
@MonkofLords: The scream glows louder, as something bursts into a clearing before you, next to the mountain. What you see is a terrifying being…bathed in flames, as bright as the sun. The being itself seems to have three monstrous heads, each with one eye and single circular mouth. It has three arms, and seventeen legs. It is purple beneath the flames, its skin like an aligator.
The flames don’t seem to match up to its body, and it appears to be in great pain.
Yaax: “Any way to douse that thing?”
Asim: casts his spell on Yaax
Asim: “I do know know….let me prepare you first…”
Yaax: “Great.” Draws his sword. “Lady, how do you feel about fire?”
Sirena: “Oh I like and dislike it” she pulls out her bow
Yaax: “Then we shall touch it as little as possible.”
Sirena: “Sounds like a brillent idea”
Asim: “That is not a man, at least…but a true demon..”
Yaax: “Well then Lovely let us see if I can wield you as you wish.” Concentrates a moment then swings the blade at the air between him and the Demon.
Sirena: blinks “Is he talking to his weapon?”
Asim: “Yes. She talks back, as do the other blades..”
Electricity crackles in Asim’s hands and a spear of vibran cerulean energy forms
@MonkofLords: The burning man…or at least one of the heads notices you all, “You!…I know that scent…I am Ba’al! Where is the man with the blade of the sun?!”
Asim: “The blade is gone….hidden from you demon..”
Sirena: “Blade of the sun?” she pulls out an arrow “Interesting” she fires six shots in rapid fire.
@MonkofLords: Only one arrow misses. The rest strike home, causing the demon to cry out in further pain. One strikes it directly in one of its eyes, causing it to shriek, “DAMN YOU MORTAL
“I SHALL REND YOUR FLESH ASUNDER AND FEAST UPON YOUR TOES
Asim: “Good shot….cat..”
Sirena: “Sirena not cat” she chuckles “My toes oh no no no you can’t have those I need those”
Asim: “Very well Sirena not cat…I am Asim..”
Sirena: “Oh nice name! So do you take all girls you meet on such fun outing? or am I special?”
Asim: “Oh…only special girls..”
Sirena: “Good to know you think I’m special”
Yaax: The blade swings seeming to strike nothing , yet in the glow of the demon’s flames a thin line seems to connect the blade to the beast. A quick twist of the wrist retracts the wire and launches another into the monster before a twits of the hilt returns it also.
@MonkofLords: The monster shudders in pain, “Does the wind mock me as well!?!?! So be it, you shall all be devoured.”
Asim: Arcing lightning leaps from, Asim’s hand and enshrouds the beast in sky fire.
@MonkofLords: The lightning strike the demon causing it to roar in frustration.
His remaining two heads roar an unnatural roar, and it quakes in your head violently
It almost feels like your blood’s about to seep out your ears, and drain from your eyes. Thankfully, you all hold on.
Sirena: “Oh that is not a fun feeling!” she shakes her head and fires an arrow at the Demon “I don’t like you anymore”
Yaax: shakes his head. “Oww! Damn beastie!”
@MonkofLords: The arrow strike it right in the chest, and it gasps. As you look closer, you notice that the flames appear to be torching away its tough scales. It cries out in pain, “I have…to find that old man…who did this to me…I will devour him…and shatter that sword…damn him…DAMN HIMDAMN HIM!!!!”
He shambles towards you, most of his legs no longer functioning before collapsing on the ground.
ITS NOTFAIR….”
Asim: “Turn back from this world..it will never be yours!”
Onarius: steps forward and waves his hands creating a downpour over the monster dousing its flames.
@MonkofLords: The creature shudders under the deluge, and whimpers, before fading. One more phrase leaves its…‘lips’, “Damn you…Samanoa…”
The form twitches, and fades into a disgusting blackness, leaving only flames, which slowly disperse.
Asim: “Well done my friends…Well DONE.”
@MonkofLords: The sun…begins to creep out from beyond the horizon line. Day…has returned.
Yaax: “The Lady says those were Anhelus’s flames.”
Asim: “I imagine they were…burning the black taint….”
@MonkofLords: The birds in the jungle once begin to sing again. For now, the island is safe, and this demon of Ba’al…is dead.
Yaax: “He scorched him well and true. So we know another blade is close at hand. But where?” he hefts the sword before him. “Can you feel him Lovely?”
Sirena: “I most definatly joined the right group” she looks around as she listens to the birds “I want a magic sword to”
Asim: “An island some ways from here…I think, but not so far as would punish us to go…”
“The swords have driven some mad, others to ruin..”
“but they are needed..to fight such terrors..”
Sirena: shrugs “I’m up for anything crazy might be fun…ruin not so much”
Yaax: “She says she can not hear his incessant boasting about tormenting that creature. So..” He turns to Asim and the rest. “what now?”
Asim: “We return to the boat…and move to find Anhelus..”

View
Welcome to your campaign!
A blog for your campaign

Wondering how to get started? Here are a few tips:

1. Invite your players

Invite them with either their email address or their Obsidian Portal username.

2. Edit your home page

Make a few changes to the home page and give people an idea of what your campaign is about. That will let people know you’re serious and not just playing with the system.

3. Choose a theme

If you want to set a specific mood for your campaign, we have several backgrounds to choose from. Accentuate it by creating a top banner image.

4. Create some NPCs

Characters form the core of every campaign, so take a few minutes to list out the major NPCs in your campaign.

A quick tip: The “+” icon in the top right of every section is how to add a new item, whether it’s a new character or adventure log post, or anything else.

5. Write your first Adventure Log post

The adventure log is where you list the sessions and adventures your party has been on, but for now, we suggest doing a very light “story so far” post. Just give a brief overview of what the party has done up to this point. After each future session, create a new post detailing that night’s adventures.

One final tip: Don’t stress about making your Obsidian Portal campaign look perfect. Instead, just make it work for you and your group. If everyone is having fun, then you’re using Obsidian Portal exactly as it was designed, even if your adventure log isn’t always up to date or your characters don’t all have portrait pictures.

That’s it! The rest is up to your and your players.

View

I'm sorry, but we no longer support this web browser. Please upgrade your browser or install Chrome or Firefox to enjoy the full functionality of this site.